Springtime in Italy 2010
Saturday 24th April to Sunday 2nd May
Passing this one on as it may be of interest to anyone wanting to do a guided wine tour of Italy. Sounds fantastic
Only a few places remaining, maximum group 10 guests. All inclusive tour incorporating the following.
Come along on this personalised adventure with ‘Essence of Italy Tours’ guided by bilingual Italophile Catherine Stanley and resident wine educator Paula Tewksbury, from ‘All About Wine’.
This fabulous all inclusive 9 day, 8 night tour encompasses visits and stays in historical castles and cities and dinners and tastings with local wine and food identities.
Tour Highlights Include
- Tutored Wine Tastings
- Cycling the ancient walls of Lucca
- Enjoying panoramic views of historical cities from Guinigi Tower in Lucca and Bell Tower next to the famous Duomo in Florence
- Guided Walking tours of iconic sites in Rome, Siena and Florence
- A picnic excursion in the Abruzzese mountains with local guide
- Cooking class with celebrated chef Fabrizio and enjoy the fruits of your labour, a delicious 4 Course Menu in the Castello restaurant
- Indulge at the Buddha Spa and indoor pool at Borgo La Bagnaia including a relaxing massage.
Special Features of the Tour
- Themed lunches and dinners to be enjoyed with various local identities from the Wine Industry in Italy
- Dinner in Rome, a special occasion with Gancia and Pallini Wines
- Lunch at Castello Banfi with International export manager
- Cocktail Event around the pool at Castello di Gabbiano with views over the rolling hills of Chianti
- Themed dinners and tastings with local artisans at Santo Stefano di Sessanio in Abruzzo
- Lunch with Catherine’s favourite Chef and Restauranteur in Lucca, featuring famous Olive Oils and Wines of Lucca
- Hotel Internazionale in Rome with views from the terrace to St Peter’s Basillica and short stroll to Spanish Steps and Medici Gardens
- Albergo Difuso in Santo Stefano in Abruzzo, a living village with local artisans and products
- Hotel degli Orafi in Florence, from the movie ‘Room with a View’ is our resting place in Florence. See Brunelleschi’s Dome form the terrace bar.
- Breathtaking luxury of Borgo la Bagnaia in Montalcino
- Foster’s Jewel of Italy, Castello di Gabbiano in Chianti
All our fabulous accommodation includes daily buffet breakfast with delicious locally made produce and pastries.
This fabulous tour is available for $5275. A deposit of 20% is required by the 31st of January 2010
and balance 60 days prior to departure on the 24th February 2010.
All About Wine Pty Ltd
Ivano Reali Managing Director of Castello Di Gabbiano talks about Chianti